Monday, December 05, 2016

Just Another Social Casualty...


Talking on the phone makes be downright nervous, jittery, and agitated. I make it more awkward than it actually is. I just can't help it. Birds gotta fly and fish gotta swim as you've seen me write a lot lately. Well, it's true! Mountains out of molehills as well? Laura used to call me all the time and it made me cranky. It also wore my nerves and patience threadbare.

It is raining pretty heavily here and I wanted to know if our grocery trip to Kroger at 9 PM was still on. I called on my parent's landline hoping my mother would answer the phone and let her help mitigate and negotiate this social call. I can pretty much tell my mother anything.

"Do I make you feel that way?" my father asked me about being nervous.

"You make me nervous as well," I said to my now chuckling father.

"Does you mother make you nervous?" my father then asked.

"I can talk to mom easily because she knows what I am thinking before I say it," I retorted at my father.

My father burst out with jestful laughter.

"I'll be over there in about 30 minutes to give you your medications and then we will go shopping," he said.


No comments: