Friday, December 09, 2016

Downtown Welcomes Christmas As Well...

I just drove through downtown on my way home from my parent's house. The city went all out and downtown looks beautiful this year. Moreso than last year's meager attempt.

I am so excited about Christmas and I can feel it in my bones that the holidays will be good for most and especially me after some rough Christmases in my past. I might even join in on any family get togethers defying any social anxiety I might experience.

Dad and I were standing in their kitchen a moment ago.

"Your fly is open," my father just notified me of my clothing mishap.

My father was getting us a hotplate ready for supper.

"Sheesh," I told my father. "I hope I didn't just go into Fred's looking like that."

I turned red with a blush as I zipped up my pants. Dad got a very hearty laugh out of that.

Dad was cooking cube steak w/gravy, steamed broccoli, and buttery sticky rice. I look forward to my plate of food later this afternoon. Dad cooks the cube steak so very tender you can cut it with a fork.

No comments: