Friday, December 30, 2016

An Imposter is Among Us!

http://www.fashionsort.com/
"That can't be dad," I told myself at the sound of very loud knocking on the front door, "It is way too early. Something must be wrong!"

It was almost 7 PM. Dad usually arrives around 10 pm these days. It was also too late for the Jehovah's witnesses as well. They go back to their spaceship around 6 PM.

I hadn't been awake for just a few moments and it took me a few moments to gather my wits about me. Maggie knew something good was up and immediately started to bark jubilantly and insistently at the front door. I opened the door and it was our humble Charlie who proceeded to make a grand entrance of himself -- boisterous would be a better adjective to describe our Charlie tonight..

"Hey Andrew! I am taking your fathers place this evening," Charlie told me.

Charlie was bearing gifts of a McDonald's double quarter pounder with cheese and a jumbo Coca-Cola. Charlie then immediately started to clean house after the medication ritual.

"I apologize Charlie. I know I am a terrible housekeeper," I told Charlie meekly.

"Yes you are, dammit!" Charlie said as he laughed.

It took Charlie to clean in 10 minutes whereas it would have taken me an hour.

"Horsefly is in the car and we are going bowling," Charlie told me. "Do you want to come with us?"

"I am going to stay home, but tell Horsefly to bowl his best game yet," I replied.

No comments: