Saturday, December 03, 2016

Heal this Parched Earth So Things May Grow Again...

"I'm fixing to head over to your house in a moment and get my allotment of Sodas for today," I told my father calling from my humble little abode (with room for a pony).

I will admit that sodas for me are definitely something that need to be moderated. I don't fuss about this necessary evil. I am very compulsive when it comes to the coy and bubbly stuff that comes in a can.

Darkness Descends...

It usually takes a miracle from Jeebus to get my parents to come to the door so I knew to call first. My brother affectionately calls my parent's house Fort Knox. Dad was all embroiled in the SEC championship game which was getting all the attention for the moment. I actually knew the score. Aren't all of you proud of me? I was patronizing my father for the most part.

"I put you out a hotplate of food I cooked this afternoon," my father said hurrying me along so he could get back to the game.

I would be the one dumbass in the Valley who is navigating his way to his parent's house in such deplorable weather.  It was pouring rain and growing darker as the seconds ticked by.  I grabbed my drinks and meal from on the back porch almost falling on my ample ass as well.

"I'm bringing you your medications as soon as this game is over," my father told me sticking his head out the backdoor.

I will be on drink and drive alert tonight -- ready to drive my father home. Maybe he will bring the X5 since it is raining so and the BMW is dry in the garage in juxtaposition. My sister said Pops got really drunk during last week's game and just slept in my sister's spare bedroom. Good for Mary! She made him relinquish his keys.

We Welcome Asparagus...

Dad cooked his especially good asparagus today. He makes it with a lemon and mayonnaise emulsion sauce spooned over the asparagus and it is so delicious. He also cooked his crock pot porch chops and rice again which I do so very much covet. I could eat it every day if he would keep cooking it. The porch chops just fall off the bone.

No comments: