Saturday, December 17, 2016

Feliz Navidad!

http://chefmom.sheknows.com/
Things are winding down here after a busy family centric day. I am so glad to be home at Casa de Andrew. Home sweet home!

I gave Maggie a big snugly hug as we sat tonight on the couch with the television on and as I changed into much more comfortable clothes. I feel as if I had run a marathon both socially and emotionally. I had a few moments of introversion and anxiety, but they weren't show stopping and crippling. Maggie was like, "Just where have you been young man?" She thoroughly sniffed my discarded clothes that were laying on the floor of my bedroom.

We had mom's side of the family in town today. They came from here, there, and some came from far away. My sister-in-law made crunchy fish tacos and beefy burrito supremes. Jennifer had a food bar of sorts for condiments and second helpings.

"Put some extra sour cream on mine," I told my sister-in-law as she smiled and complied.

I am a burritos supreme type of guy myself preferring spicy ground beef. I never warmed up to the fish taco fad. They were delicious, though, and something unique and different for a Christmas themed meal.

Earlier...

"You need to go," my father said pressuring me on the phone this morning. "These kids (my nephew and nieces) are going to grow up so fast and they will not get to know their uncle when they are grown."

"Pick me up at five this afternoon," I told my father nervously as I relented.

I immediately got to doing laundry so I would have something decent to wear.

"You ready?" my father asked a little later after my shower and shave. "We'll pick you up in about 30 minutes."

1 comment:

Rita said...

You went! I wonder if it happened so fast that you did not have time to think about it and get nervous?