Friday, December 23, 2016

Even the Decent Guys Have Indecent Nights and Days...

http://dailynewsdig.com/

This looked promising as I pulled into Walmart's parking lot at 2 AM this early morning -- plenty of places to park and the security guy looked like he was about to fall asleep in his truck. He had a severely bad case of the nods which made me smile. Walmart was thankfully deserted as I walked in. I looked at the only open register and the cashier was waiting for customers to ring up as she stood there and filed her fingernails.

"Ok, you have a green light to go," I said to myself to do some shopping.

I was mainly here to buy a cheap $19.99 pair of Sony headphones. I mistakenly tore up my old ones standing up quickly last night while that were still plugged in yanking them out of their phug and ruining them.

Ok, so I was ready to check out. I was already experiencing a great deal of anxiety as I was walking to the other side of the store to the registers. Could I get out of here that quickly and easily? That question would be met with a big no, zilch, nada.

Logjam...

My heart sunk very low in my chest as I encountered a long and growing line at register seven when I returned to the only open register. In the fifteen minutes I took to get my headphones, the store had grown crazy.

I couldn't bear the long line as I drew increasingly flustered and anguished. I walked into women's clothing, set my basket on the floor with the merchandise inside and left. Maybe, I will try again tomorrow night.

No comments: