Tuesday, December 06, 2016

And Theta Dog Leaves the Premises...

http://theaddictionhotline.org/
His grace, the esteemed Theta dog, has headed home for the evening after an exuberant greeting and meeting session. Oh, and we took my crazy/behavioral modification medications as well.

"I pray your mother is in bed without any worries or questions upon my arrival," my father told me with his fingers crossed out of superstition.

"Also, don't you dare tell her I forgot Maggie's eyedrops yet again for another night. I will have to bring them back over before midnight and put drops in Maggie's eyes if she finds out. You have to put 10 drops in each eye and keep the medicine refrigerated."

To my father's help and credit, Maggie's eyes look bright and clear tonight -- full of life. She looks so much better these past few days. She's also got a little bit of puppy left in her as well now that she is feeling better.

My father was extremely chatty tonight. If I knew any better, then I could suspect a few glasses of wine had been imbibed of that social lubricant. It would also explain why he was so late tonight. Pops loses track of time when he has been drinking.

Dangerous Liaisons...

I had questions about Methadone after watching that television show Intervention on A and E tonight. Dad and I both agreed that if I ever got hooked on those kinds of hardcore drugs like crack cocaine and heroin, then I wouldn't be very long for this world. I just have terrible addictive self destructive tendencies. Dad says I got the worst genes of him and my mother together.

"It mainly calms the cravings and assuages the withdrawal," my father told me.

No comments: