Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Lotsa, Lotsa Food...

http://amazingribs.com/
Spending $82 dollars left me with a glut of food and it is so very nice despite my father's chagrin! I just had a toasted pimento cheese sandwich for lunch and a small bowl of sour cream and onion Golden Flake potato chips. They make for a nice combination.

The select gourmet chicken salad I bought has cranberries and roasted pecans. I was dubious as to about how it might taste, but it is truly delicious. The only salad I've yet to try is the gourmet buffalo chicken salad. Sounds interesting, doesn't it? I am hoping it will be tart and tangy, and ready for the crackers I bought.

Did I tell you these salads cost $4.99 for each canister? That's why I unwittingly spent $82 dollars on groceries Monday night.

Dad called an hour ago and asked me if I needed to take my medications early. That was very kind of him and quite unusual. Usually, it is like pulling teeth trying to get him to let me have my medications early. I haven't asked in a very long time. I guess he felt I needed it after feeling so poorly lately these past few days,

"Thank you so much," I told my father feeling very heartfelt. "But I will be okay till tonight. Maggie wouldn't be able to see you if I drove over and picked up my medications this afternoon."

I think it stunned my father for me to pass up on getting my medication until 9 PM.

"Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders today," my father replied.

No comments: