Monday, November 21, 2016

Barkie Elimination Time...

Maggie started her "cough" bark routine and it woke me up this morning. I looked at my bedside alarm clock and it was showing 2:45 am and still very much in the dark and very, very cold outside -- a time to be under wonderfully warm and soft comforters and sheets. Old  man winter has finally made his way this far into the South. We will have our very first frost today before morning arrives.

"Let's not have any of this chasing phantoms in the night dearest Magster," I implored to my dog. "A true duchess doesn't bark at her peasants, but they may let them eat cake."

I listened keenly out the backdoor as all the neighborhood dogs were also barking in full effect. Something had them all quite stirred and riled up. Maggie's bravado and courage tripled at my looking out to see. She headed out the dog door to do her thing which is to guard the house and yard.

The way to get Maggie to mind is through her stomach I have learned.

"Mags? You hungry?" I asked out the backdoor.

She knows those words extremely well,

Maggie stuck her head inside the dog door seemingly asking if it is time to eat. Maggie came on in at the lure of batter fried fish and I quickly slammed shut  her dog door and locked it.

Flirting With Disaster...

Any time you take Maggie out to the car, she immediately knows she is going to the small animal clinic. She will try to get away from you. She starts shaking, whining, and will often release her bladder in my lap. Dad will drive as I try to make sure Maggie is comfortable as possible.

1 comment:

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I love this picture of Maggie!! She looks like true royalty.