Friday, November 25, 2016

Last Man Standing?

That's how it can feel for me sometimes. I feel if I have chosen to live in a small vacuum while the rest of the world goes on and people go about their lives. I am looking down through a window of thick glass, but I can't reach out or touch. Mind the gap!  (not whining, though, as I have it better than most of this world for which I always evoke my ubiquitous Auschwitz Mantra).

Charlie brought me a wonderful care package of treats and proceeded to clean house for me. Scouts honor! I swear the kitchen was clean! But our Charlie found some stuff and hauled it up to my trashcan at the curb to throw away.

As far as our Thanksgiving meal went, we had turkey and dressing, a honey baked ham, the classic and quintessential green bean casserole, cheesy macaroni casserole (Yum!), deviled eggs, and angel biscuits. For dessert, Charlie brought me a slice each of buttermilk, chocolate and custard pies. He also brought me a big slice of buttery pound cake.

First and foremost on the list was to help Charlie administer and take my medications. Maggie was under foot as we performed this nightly ritual. Charlie had brought me 3 regular cokes and it just thrilled me to death. Those cokes didn't last long after Charlie left and I proceeded to guzzled them down.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Wow, what a feast! I hope your day was peaceful, that you and Maggie snuggled and were thankful for each other!

J

glittermom said...

Charlie takes good care of you..

glittermom said...

Doesn't any of your meds help with social anxiety?