Saturday, November 05, 2016

A Completely Unexpected Visitor...

http://gritsandgrids.com/
I was asleep in my recliner while Maggie slept soundly on the couch. I had fallen asleep sitting up and it gave me a terrible crick in my neck with my head leaning forward and my chin on my chest. This must have been around noon or lunchtime. I had a terrible bout of insomnia last night and a bleary-eyed me was trying to catch up on my sleep.

Suddenly, there was a very loud and startling knock  on the door. Maggie immediately started to viciously bark until she realized who our visitor was.

"Maggie Lou!" Charlie said on the other side of my closed front door as I scrambled to let Charlie in the house.

Talk about a rude awakening with Maggie's rowdy antics. Then the Magster was super elated. It was Charlie bearing gifts of two Arby's roast beef sandwiches and my medications. Charlie had caught me completely off guard.

"Do you like Arby's?" Charlie asked me as he walking inside.

"It is my favorite fast food restaurant," I replied to Charlie. "You ought to know that. Dad says it is too expensive and that is why I don't get it every Sunday night."

Charlie chuckled at my last statement.

We took my numerous medications then Charlie was soon on his way to take Horsefly to Auburn and the movie theater. He does this every Saturday.

"I will be back around 9:30 PM with some supper," Charlie said graciously surprising me once again. "You ought to go with us."

I could never eat all that Charlie brought me. He bought two ex-large roast beef sandwiches and an order of curly fries. I respectfully bowed out of going to the movies.

No comments: