Monday, November 28, 2016

Grocery Day! Hooray!

My father keeps saying he is going to hand over the reigns to me as far as our trips to the grocery store are concerned. It is another week and he has reneged upon the matter once again. He is going with me tonight anyways despite my urges to be on the straight and narrow. I just don't have the gumption within me to pressure or sway my father on these regards. I do think my father feels out of control if he doesn't help me with these visits to Kroger.

"I told you I would only spend around $75 dollars," I said exasperated and to sway him last night.

I know some of you ponder about this, but I actually like and enjoy having the old feller along (I like independence even more). The conversations back to our cars from shopping are legendary. I feel safe with him and I would really miss our camaraderie and friendship during these ventures leaving laughing all the way. I alway say my father is like the cavalry and will come riding in on horseback to save me from a tough social situation or a dilemma.

Don't Make Ki-Ki the Gorilla Mad...

I do hope they aren't out of bananas this week. I guess I could go to the Piggly Wiggly, but I just don't want to go to two different grocery stores. I will gladly pay the organic price to have them. I also want to make my spaghetti and meat sauce.

Foremost on my mind is whether I can have two of the Edwards Hershey's chocolate cream pies. The pie from last week was just a trial basis and I then fell in love with the flavor of that delicious pie.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Maybe you'll find a lemon meringue pie! I keep forgetting to try those pies. I like fruit pies best...

Summer said...

The key lime is to die for!