Saturday, November 12, 2016

Let's Break the Fast...

"Charlie's bringing your medications this afternoon," my father told me after I called my father back on his cellphone.

We communicated by him letting my phone ring twice and then I called my father back. This arrangement is working out quite well for us -- especially for me. When it is one call, then I know it is my mother.

"I'm headed to the Auburn game in Athens, Georgia. I told Charlie to get you something to eat and that I would pay him back. He is also bringing your medications and I hope it is not too early for you to take them."

"Around 4 PM will be fine," I reassured my father.

I looked at the clock on my computer and it read 7:00 AM so my father was off to a very, very early start this morning.

Saturdays are movie days for horsefly. Charlie gets Saturday's newspaper and Horsefly picks which movie he would like to see from the listings. Horsefly has a knack for picking the most god awfullest movies playing at the cinema.

"He really doesn't watch the movies," Charlie told me several weeks ago. "He just enjoys the ambiance."

They then go to get fried chicken tenders at the KFC in Auburn. Charlie usually shows up around 4 PM on movie Saturdays so I don't have to wait long. I expect Charlie, the flash, to come calling around his usual time for medications on a Saturday.

Charlie, old buddy, don't let me down now...

Breakfast was a toss up. I decided on two Little Debbie honey buns warmed in the microwave. The smells of those warm honey buns about drove Maggie craze so I gave her just a few bites which fueled a frenzy.

No comments: