Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Thinking of Tomorrow...

http://livenaturally.kingsoopers.com/
May my dawn be pain-free. Whoo whee, you dread having to take a pee. My father brought me all kinds of interesting medications to take tonight for my urinary tract infection -- one of the benefits of having a father who is also a superb and accomplished pharmacist of 50 years.

"That antibiotic is one of the strongest they prescribe so don't take it frivolously," my father told me.

LEVOFLOXACIN 500 MG

"This medication will really stain your underwear if you are not careful," my father said of another pain medication called AZO. "Your urine will look red or a deep yellow so do not think you have blood in your urine."

"It smells damn good in here!" my father finally exclaimed hungrily as he sunk into my couch for a quick rest. "What did you cook?"

"Mom brought me a meal from the Mexican restaurant and it was delicious," I replied to my deeply under appreciated father tonight.

We then took my countless medications for the evening. I counted up to 12 pills tonight. My 3 mg of Klonopin at night soon will make me very sleepy and ready for the bed. It takes about an hour to kick in with a 1 - 2 punch.

Maggie was laid completely sprawled out on the floor in the den complacently awaiting her ritual. That hardwood floor is cool and inviting and I did have it rather hot in here.

"I do declare," my father said in his ultimately sublime Southern accent, "that is one laid out dawg!"

We all laughed except for Maggie as she was laying down again. She let us know how she felt by sighing really loudly.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Andrew, I've worked for urologists for 12 years. Make sure you drink lots of water. At least 64 ounces a day.

diana said...

Summer, I was just going to leave the same comment :-)
Although I don't work for a urologist. I work in a hospital. All the soda you drink Andrew isn't good for you. You need to drink more water!