Tuesday, November 29, 2016

We Welcome All, Felines and Canines...


I've tried everything. I hoped this new dog food would be Maggie's saving grace and salvation, but her episodes of illnesses persisted.  Dad had to get their new kitten, Samantha, spayed so Maggie and I tagged along to the small animal clinic last week. Maggie shook like a leaf on the short ride out to the clinic. I had a towel in case she released her bladder out of fear as she often does. It is so traumatic for her to visit the Veterinarian.

Maggie has a terrible yeast infection of the skin causing her skin to break out in rashes. That is why she scratched all the time and just looked pitifully miserable.. I have to give her 400 mg of amoxicillin every morning for a month, wash her ears out good, and then put some ointment in her ears and on her broken out chest. The ear wash smells like eucalyptus.

The way the pills are shaped do not work with the Greenies pill pockets. I have to manually thrust the pill down her gullet. I fear she is going to fear me as well when all is said and done..

4 comments:

glittermom said...

You can crush the pill and mix it in some wet dog food...I use to do that by putting the pill between paper and hitting with a hammer then just mix the power into canned dog food or something you know she will eat.

skinny minny said...

what about putting it in a vienna Sausage?

Rita said...

We put dog medicine (pills) in a spoonful of peanut butter or lactose free cream cheese. The dog sees it as a special treat, but once in a while those pills get left behind, so a second attempt is made.

amelia said...

Mix the crushed pill in wet food!