Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Let's Raid the Waffle House!

We could be like the Mongol hordes going after bacon...

https://choosetherightwords.wordpress.com

"I am fixing to ask your daddy if he will take me to the dentist in the morning," my mother told me.

My father has forbade my mother from driving on busy Hwy. 29 until further notice. The dentist is on Hwy. 29.

"Dad will be tired and I doubt he will want to do that on his day off," I replied to my mother. "I will take you instead."

I can't believe I said that -- getting involved in one of my mother's many, many appointments. I owe my father a big time favor, though.

"I will make it worth your while," mom replied. "We will get ham and cheese omelettes at the Waffle House if I can eat after the procedure."

It sounded like a perfectly good arrangement to me.

"What are you going to do while waiting for me to finish?" mom asked.

"I am going to sit in the car, smoke cigars, and listen to the radio," I told her.

No comments: