Monday, November 07, 2016

Gearing Up For Grocery Day...

My Little Bit of Instant Bliss...

No more Charlie! My main man! Sniff! Sniff! Charlie took real good care of my Maggins and I this past weekend as the rest of the family was embroiled in football related stuff. Maggie and I will both miss him tonight around his usual arrival time. Charlie can both spoil Maggie and I to death and you never know what goodies and treats he will bring. Last night, Charlie got on the couch with the Magster and just lavished her with affection. Maggie ate up every last bit of the attention.

A Moment of Sheer Indulgence...

My father called a moment ago letting it ring two times.

"I've got plenty of leftover spaghetti, broccoli medley, and barbecue bread. Do you want it?" my father asked after I called him right back.

I jumped at this chance as I was very hungry and my father's spaghetti and meat sauce is delicious to the nth degree.

"I will be right over in just a  minute," I told my father as I got off the phone.

Maggie ran out into the back yard to clear the way of cats, other nefarious things, and hoping for me to not be gone very long.

My father had a care package made up for me that consisted of six Diet Cokes, a pack of cigars, barbecue bread, and a large Tupperware container of my father's exceptionally good spaghetti.

Hazard Flashers...

I arrived at my parents to find my father's Honda's hazard lights to be flashing. I immediately told my father and he asked me to walk back down and turn them off.

"I was getting the mail and I must have left them on when I pulled up in front of the mailbox," he told me.

At least, I helped fend off a possible dead battery tonight which would have extremely complicated grocery night. Let's not a have an extremely complicated grocery night. In and out in twenty minutes is my lofty goal.

The Grand Grocery Experience...

Bless you Kroger for we will see you tonight! Hello Jermaine! Tally Ho Paige!

"Are we going grocery shopping tonight?" I timidly asked my father just to make sure.

He's had a very busy weekend and I didn't want to antagonize him. I was treading on thin ice for a moment there. I never know how my father is going to react.

"I will be over around 9 PM. We'll take your medications, and then we will head to Kroger," my father replied.

Hopefully, Kroger will have my frosted flakes back in stock after being out of that item for two for almost two weeks.It just tastes better than Kelloggs.

Last week, I got an Edwards Key lime pie and it was pretty good.. I hope to be able to procure the lemon meringue I am so craving tonight.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Do you vote? Just curious....

skinny minny said...

You really should go on Kroger's website and let them know of your troubles getting these things.