Monday, November 07, 2016

There is Always a Jermaine Amidst Us...

mountainhope.or
Dad got caught by Jermaine as soon as we walked inside Kroger. I snickered and then grinned. He was ambling towards the hov-a-round carts to do his electrically motivated shopping. He pulled up his hoodie to show my father how his gargantuan belly has lessened in size and is hopefully going away. I needed bleach for my eyes.

"You are going to weigh less than me," my father told him very kindly at a svelte 175 pounds himself.

I passed those two, grabbed a shopping cart, and we were off to the races.

"C'ya good buddy," I told Jermaine and first made my way to the bananas in produce.

I guess a banana addiction is better than a crack cocaine addiction. It was slim pickings tonight as they were almost out of regular bananas. I bit the bullet and got the organically grown bananas which hadn't sold nearly as well as the other kind. They were quite expensive, though, and that is the reason why.

http://www.cvs.com/
This was the third week they were out of my cherished Kroger frosted flakes. I got two family size boxes of Tony the Tiger cereal. That was $10 bucks right there at $4.99 each.

They finally got my Edwards lemon meringue pies in stock. It has been weeks. I got two $7.99 pies while the getting was good. I left one pie on the kitchen counter to thaw overnight and put the other one in my freezer for next week. Guess what I will be eating for breakfast?

The only really frivolous thing I bought was two boxes of chocolate iced and cream filled doughnuts -- a treasured guilty pleasure of mine.

I was finally ready to checkout when a familiar voice said, "Y'all come down this lane."  Thank god my father said upon spotting Paige. Paige was cordial and friendly as always and we were ready to go. Paige gave me a good hearted jab when she said she was going to come teach me how to cook.

I know the staff must wonder what a 44 year old man is doing his shopping with the aid of his father. They've all got to know us by name.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Did you buy any substantial real food or just goodies?