Monday, November 14, 2016

Surmounting the Healthcare System...

http://www.haverhill-ps.org/

Papa has just called and awakened the Magster and I from a very, very deep sleep. I am still yawing as I write this. It was time for me to get a healthy bout of responsibility for a change. Maggie was at the phone in the computer room faster than I could get there. The contraption get's her excited and intrigues her for some reason. I guess she can hear who's talking on the other end with her extremely keen hearing.

"You know you have to take your mother this morning to get some bloodwork done today," my father told me.

Once again, I was blissfully unaware -- something I had forgotten as well. I muttered a "Well shit!" as I buried my face in my palm.

"Mom has more damn medical stuff to do to her than any person I have ever seen!" I retorted frustratingly.  "Appointments galore! It would drive me crazy."

"You know what you always say," my father replied choking back a laugh.

"What?" I asked my father in return clueless as to the answer.

"You always say your mother is a health insurance company's worst nightmare."

We both got to laughing.

"Well, it is the truth," I said chuckling and reassuring.

"I am going to give you $20 so you two can go eat breakfast at the Waffle House," my father replied. "Your mother is already talking about what she is going to eat."

No comments: