Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Heal These Broken Wings So That I May Fly Again...

I just called my father without realizing how early it was. It was 8:30 AM in the morning.

"Don't forget my injection is in the morning tomorrow," I told him anxiously.

"I was thinking the same thing," my father replied. "Good for you to remember that! I will be at the pharmacy at 9 AM."

"How are you feeling?" my father asked.

When he asks those kinds of questions and quite often, I then often respond that I am fine. I told him today that I was feeling lots of anxiety and feeling very sorry for myself for the time being.".

"That's not like you. It's just your medications petering out," he told me. "You will feel far better tomorrow afternoon."

I told him that I hoped so.



Christmas Tree Etiquette...

What time do you normally put up your Christmas tree? I told my father I was getting mine right after Thanksgiving.

"It is going to dry out and become a fire hazard he told me in warning.

Ponder's Nursery will likely find me in their parking lot picking out a Christmas tree this weekend.

"I usually put my tree up two weeks before Christmas," my father replied.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Last year my husband and I went the day after Thanksgiving to get our tree. He made sure they cut off the bottom to help with the water intake. I watered it faithfully every day and it lasted until the week after Christmas. We were quite pleased! I think it's nice to put it up early because you can enjoy it more. Plus it helps get me into the Christmas spirit earlier!