Friday, November 04, 2016

Welcome to the Genetic Oddity that is Me!

https://www.walmart.com
I was talking to my father this afternoon. He was busy in the kitchen trying to fix us all a hotplate for supper which has been his custom lately on his days off. I bet my parent's kitchen is smelling really delicious about right now.

This afternoon he was cooking spaghetti and meat sauce and toasted Barbecue bread. Dad's recipe calls for a little bit of chili powder as well which gives it a very subtle taste.

"Do you want me to bring you a plate tonight?" my father asked.

"That would be a slice of heaven," I told him of my good fortune.

The Magster and I had just finished a long and satisfying nap. I was about to fix breakfast for supper.

"Do you ever do this?" I asked my father quizzically. "Well, every time I go to bed or lay down, I just haphazardly lay my glasses down somewhere. When I wake up, I can't find them for anything. It just took me 10 minutes to find my glasses and they were on the back of the toilet today.  I do this every single day."

"You got that from me," my father replied as he laughed uproariously and wholeheartedly. "I am in the process of finding my good reading glasses right now."

"We all drove your mother crazy doing this kind of stuff over the years," my father then told me. "If we weren't looking for our glasses then we would be looking for our keys. The secretary would know where her glasses and keys were at all times."

No comments: