Friday, November 04, 2016

Conjure Me Up A Backbone...

To Do List: Stop Reading Moods and Emotions...

http://www.wikihow.com/
One of the hardest aspects of socialization and social anxiety for me is in reading a person's mood and not internalizing their feelings. It is what I perceive their feelings and emotions to be.

Tonight, my father was very quiet and not his usual boisterous, loud, and talkative self. You could hear it in the timbre of his voice. I tend to internalize these feelings just like my mother does. My mother will often ask my father if he is mad at her.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked those taboo words about my father because of his silence. "It wouldn't be beyond me to commit a social faux pas and not realize it."

"Oh no, bud!" he replied patting me on my knee. "I am just tired. I worked in the yard all day and then got us up some supper. I also had to see about new windows being installed at the river house."

"Are you going tailgating and then to the football game?" I then asked my father about tomorrow.

"It is at noon and I will be there in full effect," he replied. "War Eagle!"

From the Annals of the Mundane...

We went about taking all my medications. I broached another taboo subject when I pretested to my father that all these pills are getting hard to swallow.

"Well, don't take them all at once," he replied callously.

Maggie was glad to get some fresh water and fresh nibbles during her ritual. She took a long draught of water out of her water bowl when I set it back down on her mat. .

No comments: