Friday, November 04, 2016

Johnny, He Keeps Strange Hours...


I was at Wal-Mart this morning buying some much-needed items to get my home theater/stereo running up to snuff. It has been dormant for months and I have been lazy about getting it running again. It wasn't an expensive purchase by any means. I have very sorely missed listening to my collection of minidiscs.

There was just an inkling of light on the horizon as I walked into the store. It was quite cool this morning as well -- much more reminiscent of fall. I was glad to have brought a jacket with me.

I was there to buy speaker wire and a wire crimper.  I also impulsively got an HDTV antenna while I was there for the television in my bedroom. I can, at least, tune into Georgia and Alabama Public Broadcasting now on that television. I also missed the visceral feeling of playing my music without have to click on it within a computer.

Well, I headed for checkout and these mongrel people straight out of The Beverly Hillbillies seemingly had half the store's groceries in their cart. I moaned under my breath and steadied myself for a long wait. It really is the right hour to be buying groceries at Wal-Mart despite this morning's setback. Luckily, the employee bagging groceries quickly and astutely opened up the next lane to rush me through.

No comments: