Saturday, November 12, 2016

As Right As Rain...


"I got you a Captain D's jumbo fish platter for supper," Charlie told me as he entered my house. "That's one thing I know you love."

I thanked Charlie profusely for the good eats. We about couldn't hear each other over Maggie's raucous and jubilant barking.

Charlie was pretty much on time at 4 PM. Maggie and I were very glad to see him. This little house can induce the lonely's as far as Maggie and I are concerned some days.   As socially phobic as I can be, I still relish company from time to time -- safe. friendly, and kind company like Charlie. Maggie was just overjoyed to see her Beta dog return to the fold.

Charlie made me count my crazy meds as he normally does. I counted 12 pills which were the right amount. I took a big swig out of my Captain's D's cola as Charlie watched upon the proceedings approvingly.

"Let's get Maggie fed and watered and then Horsefly and I are off to see a movie."

1 comment: