Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Nice View From My Front Stoop...


It is so nice to see Mrs. Sandra driving mom's car when they go to eat Mexican at El Rio Grande. It takes a load off my mind and a much heavier load off my shoulders -- especially now since it is getting dark so early. It was dark by 6PM tonight.

Sandra will park mom's car in the garage and then head home in her own car. Mrs. Sandra has lived a tough life with much of it mired in poverty and strife, but she never quits smiling and laughing. That's the kind of person I want to be remembered as. "He never complained against all the odds he faced." That's why I keep my Auschwitz Mantra so near and dear.

"You did want chicken fajitas, didn't you?" mom asked breaking my train of thought.

"That's exactly what the doctor ordered," I replied with a smile.

Prelude...

I was sitting on the couch on lookout with the Magster when Mom's Civic came flying around the corner and pulled onto my street. Sandra rolled down the windows in preparation so mom could hand me my meal. Sandra was just laughing and laughing.

"Mom's car hasn't been driven that fast in years!" I told Mrs. Sandra kidding her. "You're going to blow the cobwebs out!"

"Oh hush!" Mrs. Sandra said and she laughed even more so.

No comments: