Monday, November 21, 2016

Tally Ho to My Fellow and Familiar Kroger Denizens...

http://warnerrobinsgeorgia.blogspot.com/
I rounded the corner to the sandwich meat aisle after grabbing some hotdog buns and there was Jermaine in his hov-a-round sniffing a package (?!?!) of cotto salami for some reason. I quickly diverted down the other aisle -- the magazine aisle where there stood my father reading about the new lightning fast 911 Porsche Cabriolet.

"Thinking about my birthday or for Christmas?" I asked my father. "They are only $200,000 dollars each."

I wanted Hebrew National hot dog franks, but I had to come back later to get them. I then revisited the cold cuts aisle later and got two of what Jermaine was sniffing as well, cotto salami. They were on manager's special for a quick sale thus all the sniffing.

Did I tell you Kroger's was absolutely abandoned tonight except for employees, Jermaine, and my father and I? We go so late because my father doesn't want to get caught in a lengthy conversation with another customer or one of his former customers at the pharmacy. We're the rebels of the scene.

I bought a lot of substantial food as my father called it. I am going to try and do better about cooking wholesome meals despite my father's chagrin.  He keeps insisting on those frozen meals, but they are absolutely and totally terrible for you. I did get two sweet and sour chicken meals which are almost irresistible. Sugar? Maybe?

The tally was $81 dollars for which I winced as my father swiped his debit card and we were on our way.

*******************************************

They have never gotten in  my lemon meringue pies which I assume are selling out during the day. Night falls and they are gone. They had one left of this chocolate cream pie and as a gamble I bought it. It is going to be long time till it thaws overnight. I am eager to try it.

https://www.edwardsdesserts.com

No comments: