Wednesday, November 23, 2016

My 6 AM Wal-Mart Delight...

https://www.walmart.com
To Wal-Mart, Where the Insomniacs Go...

Firstly, those fajitas I ate for supper last night did a real number on me as far as my digestive tract, heartburn, and indigestion goes.

"That's why I can't eat all that Mexican food," my father told me last night when he arrived after work. "It will keep me up all night with indigestion."

I have never been so glad to see my father!

Secondly, I also needed some more medicine for my "man flu". I really don't know what I have, but I do know it is not very pleasant. I wouldn't want you to catch this even if it were running.

The only joint that opens this time of the morning with those kinds of items was Wal-Mart so I headed out of the house after getting a shower and getting dressed. I was wide awake anyway. I woke up wide awake if you can catch my drift. Just one of those moments my schizophrenic mind wasn't playing nice.

My only diversion was to get some buttery biscuits, strawberry preserves, and milky sweet coffee at McDonald's on the way home. I am hoping to get a few more hours of deep sleep once that medication kicks in.

Blow, You Winter Wind, For I Hear You!

It was cold for the South this morning with the temperature hovering around 35° degrees. We're getting a little taste of O' Canada this week. It is time for it though. I've been busy washing all my winter clothes and getting them fit to wear. It will be nice to wear some warm coats and sweaters once again. Ask me about my flannel lined blue jeans some other time.

(It is now 6:52 AM and you can see a beautiful dawn on the horizon-- all pink and full of glory.)

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Are you doing anything for thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...

Andrew, sweetie. What ever happened to George (the one in jail)? Didn't his mom pass on awhile back? And Clara, I always worried about her being a homeless woman. Did she finish recovery? Any of the old guys still around? And Rosa? What ever happened to her? I am sure Pookie is doing fine. Did you delete the old blog or is it archived?