Thursday, November 10, 2016

What is a Tesla?


"What is a Tesla?" my father asked curiously.

I was very happy to oblige!

That is what my father asked me being my usual car buff self a few months back. He knew I would know.  I told him it was a completely electric car that must be recharged about every 250 to 265 miles. It is not a hybrid.

"They didn't spare any expense for amenities designing and building those cars," I said. "They are also fully self-driving."

"What does it cost?" my father asked.

"It costs $65,000 for the base model," I told him looking at Tesla's website.

"Well, your brother bought a Tesla today," my father told me all those months ago. "Do they have recharging stations around here?"

"They've got recharging stations all over the country now," I replied. "There is even one in Auburn, Montgomery, and all over Atlanta."

*****************************

Flash forwards to tonight and my brother is having trouble with his new car. Dad asked me to drive over with him to give my brother my opinion. I am usually just the chief tire changer.

"It looks like one of the battery banks has failed or is not charging fully," I told my little brother. "That is what is cutting your range in half."

My brother made arrangements to have it towed from my father's driveway and to the nearest service center which is in Atlanta. He was quite outdone with it all and not a happy camper.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Base model more like 75,000