Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Shut In with Some Shuteye (Denied)...

http://www.storynory.com/
It is just one of them days. Fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly. Mom is pissed at me for unplugging my phone. I wanted to sleep in and I knew if I left that phone plugged in then someone would call before 9 AM.  Mom had to drive over to my house and make sure I'm okay. That means I got awakened anyway. The best laid plans and all that jazz.

"You never fail to call me back," my mother told me as she gave Maggie loads of attention. "I've tried to call you several times."

"Don't talk to him and please scratch my back," Maggie seemingly said as if in ecstasy.

Of course, my mother can go a few days without answering her phone as well. I call it the Xanax haze. Have you ever lost track of whole days of your life? My mother has.

"What happened to your cell phone?" my mother then asked.

"The only thing I used my Samsung for was watching the weather and watching the weather radar," I replied back. "I never got any calls except from you and dad. It was a waste of money."

Mom has often been known to call me at 3 AM and ask me what day it is and what time it is in my defense. I always think that something bad has happened when a family member calls at 3 AM in the morning.

No comments: