Wednesday, March 19, 2008

120 Days In...

It is hard to believe it has been a quarter of a year sober.  It seems like yesterday I was waking up overcoming a hangover.  My relationship with my family was in chaos.   And I could never imagine going more than a few days without a drink.  I hid my drinking for the longest time.   On this blog and in my real life.   It got to where I could no longer hide it, though. 

It is pouring rain here this morning and I find that oddly comforting.  I slept well last night with the TV on and my bedside lamp glaring all night.  Maggie stayed right with me.  The first thing I did when I got up was step on my scales.   I weighed 218 pounds.  That's a long way from the 257 I once weighed.  I contribute the weight loss to not drinking 20 calorie loaded beers a day and drinking diet Coke. 

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats! :)

mosiacmind said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! GOOD JOB!!! I know how hard that can be and you have done it and done it well. I hope that if you are up to it that you go to a meeting soon and share your news with others like ourselves. If you are not wanting to go to a meeting I hope that you find a way to celebrate. I do care as you know yet wanted to remind you.

impromptublogger said...

Congratulations! We're all so proud of you...

Portia said...

I am so happy for you and the progress you have made! You have come a long way:)

jane said...

by my calculations, it's one third of a year! :) fantastic, really pleased for you.

Leon said...

CONGRATULATIONS on 1/3 of a year sober!!! :~D)

Cheryl said...

Before you know it you'll be at the year mark, and the drinking will be an old memory. What an accomplishment you've made. 120 days is huge! I'm so proud of you!

Kelly Jene said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and proud of you. And on the weight loss, that's great! Keep it up, you are showing yourself how strong you are!

Chandira said...

Awesome!
Yup, drinking beer will put the pounds on! When I stopped, I lost about 30lbs. I was amazed.
I was just your typical teenage drinker, perhaps 2 on a Thursday night, 4 on Friday, 2 Saturday lunch time, 5 Saturday night, and a few on Sundays.. Lots of calories.. I think there's about 200 calories or more per beer, depending on what you drank.
17 cans per pound of fat.