Friday, March 07, 2008

Obsessive "R" Us...

I've been called obsessive/compulsive. I get it from my Mom.  Today we were buying groceries for me.  Mom put 10 12-packs of diet Cokes in my cart.  "Why ten?" I asked thinking that was obsessive.  "I don't want you to run out," my mother replied and she paid for them.

I was on a cereal kick today and bought two gallons of whole milk, and various boxes of cereals.  I especially like Raisin Bran Crunch. 

My brother's second daughter was born this morning.  Dad called me all excited and they are flying out to San Diego in a few days.  Dad offered to pay for me to go, but I decided to stay home.  I told them to email me pictures as soon as they can.

My father's maid and cook is preparing a special fried fish dinner tonight.  The way my parents are hyping this is that it is a big deal and the fish is delicious.  Helen had to go to some fish monger to have the fish especially prepared.  Mom is supposed to call me when supper is ready.  Helen has been slaving over a hot stove all afternoon.     

15 comments:

mosiacmind said...

Guess what today is? It is national cereal day jut a bit of trivia. Congratulations for being an uncle again. I will be eager to hear about the dinner.

KYRIE said...

Poor Helen! I admit, I can't stand the smell of fish or chicken. Veganism went to my brain n nose perhaps (:
Ah cute babies. I used to be really awkward around babies until I had to babysit my cousins' kids 24/7 in my late teens! Still awkward though he he.

Cheryl said...

It's been a long time since you've talked about Helen and her wonderful cooking. I wish I could join you for that fish dinner. Pictures?

mago said...

So this fish must be something really different. Barracuda? See-Teufel? Norwegian Blue?

Susan said...

Don't you like me any more Andrew? I haven't heard from you in ages...

CJM-R said...

A new baby in the family! How wonderful.

Seems like you got a lot of shopping done!

Have a great weekend.

Lena

Lynette said...

Congratulations on the new niece. The fish sounds fantastic. Go and enjoy.

mosiacmind said...

Andrew if you want to catch lots of weather activity watching check out the news for Ohio we are having a blizzard warning...expected to get like 9 -12 inches tonight after the 3 we already have today and the winds....knowing that you like weather thought you might be interested.

Tee said...

It looks like there is going to be snow down around LaGrange. Do you remember the blizzard in March 1993? NWS said 2-3 inches in N GA. Could happen again. :-)

Cookeville Weather Guy said...

Andrew...dude! I was thinking about you and wanted to check in! You are closing in on 110 days! :)

Check out our snow at my blog!

Leann said...

I have a little OCD myself Andrew. Makes life interesting doesn't it?

Caroline said...

Congratulations Uncle Andrew! And I want to move in with your parents just because of Helen.

Sharyna said...

You remembered Helen's name! I'm proud of you. Congrats on being an uncle again.

sharyna

Patti said...

Got snow yet? We've got tons in southern Ontario!

Tammy said...

Congrats on becoming an Uncle. :)
Wow. Mom and Dad have a maid and cook? I am having mixed feelings about your situation.