Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Working Man

Work has consumed me these past few days.  It so good to feel apart of something again.  I spent hours in the pharmacy's basement organizing all my home healthcare supplies lately.  Another nice thing about work is if I am not feeling well, I can shut the door to my office, and relax for awhile until I calm down. 

Yesterday, I went to see my psychiatrist.   I told him about how badly I feel every two weeks when my medication levels drop.  He prescribed me 36 3mg Risperdal to overcome this. I am to take them as needed. 

Rosa called early today just as I was leaving the house.  We talked for awhile.  I still have several bags of her stuff she needs to come pick up, but I don't want to face her just yet. 

6 comments:

Portia said...

it does sound like you've found the perfect job for you. i'm glad you like it so much, and it's keeping you busy. i prefer to be busy myself.
have a good evening..

Kelly Jene said...

I'm so glad you have this job. Your confidence level has seemed so high since you started.

I'm sorry things are tough with Rosa. Ending a relationship or going on a break is never easy.

Hugs to you!

justLacey said...

Wow, so many changes for you in the last several months, but look how well you are holding your own. 115 days sober still and even after all the changes. I hope you are as proud of yourself as I am of you.

forsythia said...

Andrew, it sounds like you're in a good place. Sorry about Rosa. I will visit as often as I can in the coming weeks, but I may not always leave a comment. Just know that I think of you often and wonder how you're doing. As I've told you, our older daughter has a lot in common with you, but she's turned her life around and is doing quite well.

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you have this wonderful spring weather. Things must really be in bloom there. Are you getting time to be out during the day?

It's good your meds are being adjusted. That should make you feel steadily better.

Have a great Friday!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Your new job seems to be the perfect opportunity for you and I am grateful to your dad for making it possible. I knew you would do well in the right environment - a good balance of privacy and social interaction, reasonable hours. You are back into the world of the living and I am happy for You! I'm also glad that your doctor listened to your concerns about the Respiradol levels dropping at the end of each cycle. It would be great if you wouldn't have to experience those days of struggle. It really does sound like life is looking good for you these days, and you can thank yourself for making that happen! Stay friends with Rosa, even if you don't interact regularly. She cares about you and you her. Good friends are hard to find. No hard feelings are needed, you each just need time to stretch your wings a little. You can still be friends.