Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Somnolence...

I've come to the realization that I need 12 hours of sleep every night.  I woke up the morning before dawn and felt tired for the rest of the day.  I think my psychiatric medications may have a part to play in this.  They are notorious for making you drowsy. 

Mom agreed to buy me a new pair of glasses.  Well... she has been shopping around for prices.  She came by this morning to tell me she's once again changed my appointment to another optometrist.  Mom will do what I would never do because of my social anxieties.  She will walk in a strange store and office and ask them a thousand questions about the services they offer and their prices.  I just want to look stylish -- my current glasses look like a fashion disaster out of eighties.  

7 comments:

mosiacmind said...

I need lots of sleep too. I wish I was one of those type people like your mom who shop around...I tend to go to the stores that I am comfortable in....Hope that you have a good day.

becomingkate said...

I need new glasses badly. Hopefully next week!

Sharyna said...

Your mom is soooo cute! Just the things she does...

sharyna

justLacey said...

I hate my glasses and since the last messed up prescription, I have to wear them all the time now. I can't wait to get a new pair. Seems like they are always around 300 dollars. Your mom is getting you a good deal.

M said...

oh i love fashion disaster of the 80's glasses: big huge and plastic, right? why did they make glasses so big back then?? did they think people would need to see out of their upper cheekbones and lower forehead?

Cheryl said...

I love the header on your blog! Do you think it's time for a change on mine?

Picking out glasses has always been a big deal to me. They're so expensive and so much a part of how you look. Good luck with yours!

I get so excited when I get 8 hours of sleep. Twelve would never happen with me!

Nighty!

Tee said...

"...fashion disater out of the 80's." Cracked me up! We all need our glasses changed from time to time. Good for your Mom! We need to be good shoppers and sounds like she's doing a good job in that area.