Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We Don't Sell That!

I had a note on my computer at work to call a lady inquiring about our hospital beds.

"Hello?" she asked as she picked up the phone for my call.

"Yes ma'am.  I am returning your call about the hospital bed."

"Does it have a bed pan built in?" she asked. 

"Excuse me?" I asked flummoxed.

"You know!  Something to poop in!" The lady tersely responded.

"No ma'am.  We don't sell them like that."

"Well damn," The lady abruptly said and hung up the phone.

I burst out in a smile.  I wouldn't be surprised if you could find one like that, but we don't sell them.  Normally, phone calls send me in a tizzy, but one of the gals up front had wrote on the note "She's Flaky!"  I was interested in the call cause I am flaky, too!  I thought maybe I had found my soul mate.

Right!  I am off to do deliveries.   I have a grand total of two tonight.  That we can do!

DAD AND MOM GET HOME TONIGHT! WOO HOO!

5 comments:

Jean said...

Google 'Circolectric Bed' to see a really interesting one they used to use in the 1970s. Best I remember, it had a hole strategically placed, maybe that's what she had in mind.

If you could invent one in which patients don't slide down when the head is raised, you might get really wealthy.

justLacey said...

Lol, I hope your soul mate isn't a woman that likes to poop in bed!

Cheryl said...

justlacey's comment gave me a good laugh!!!

Kelly Jene said...

LOL at justlacey! That was a funny conversation.

I hope you get to see your parents tonight!

mosiacmind said...

how funny.....hope you have a good day