Sunday, March 16, 2008

Notes From a Neighbor...

It's no secret.  I haven't had my phone plugged in for weeks now.  Apparently, Joyce was trying to call me all night.  I just walked out to my car to make sure it was locked and found three notes stuck in my door.

Maggie's chewing up your underwear.  You're not going to have anything to wear.   I didn't take my medications.  Feel strange.  Will you come over?  I need you.  I've tried to call you all night. 

That's what one note said.  I am feeling completely impersonal today. I don't want to deal with my own mental illness let alone another's.  I better get in the shower and walk over.  A friend is there through thick and thin.  I just feel so agoraphobic today. 

4 comments:

Lekim said...

Do you think Joyce gets so lonely that she decides not to take her medicine so that she can get someone to care for her?

becomingkate said...

You're a good friend.

M said...

feeling agoraphobic? oh baby, i can relate to that.

mosiacmind said...

i am glad that you took care of yourself because we cannot help others if we are not taking care of ourselves. i am glad that you seem to be taking care of by turning off the phone and such...remember i and other bloggers care.