Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Twit the Twitterer Tweets

Who would have thought that I would add a few new Internet lingo words to my vocabulary so soon this year. A co-worker of mine was in my office a few minutes ago as I was reading my Twitter updates.

"What's the deal with Twitter?" she asked me. "I've heard of it, but never tried it."

The best description I could come up with is that it is micro-blogging. Things you normally wouldn't share on a blog are now shared with twitter. People have a choice of reading the minutia or not. I have found it completely addicting. I love reading the people I am following. You get to share in their days.

_________________________________________

Earlier today they had to deliver a hospital bed when I wasn't available. They should have called me. They delivered a bed whose lift motors didn't work. I had it sitting in a corner waiting on the new motors I had ordered.

Well, Johnny Watts was pissed at me. Johnny is in his eighties and still working for my father. He does odd jobs for spare cash and has long been a customer of my father.

"Sorry," I told Johnny as he fumed. "I should have put a sign on the bed. Out of all the beds we have, I would have never thought y'all would pick that one."

It is so hard admitting you screwed up, though. I had to swallow my pride and be humble. Those beds are heavy to move. I also tend to be an incorrigible perfectionist. I am learning to be imperfect. You can't always bowl a strike!

11 comments:

impromptublogger said...

Live and learn. You haven't been working for your Dad that long - maybe a month? You've gotten the main parts of the job down, now you need to focus on some of the more detailed things you wouldn't have thought of - such as putting a sign on a non-working bed.

justLacey said...

We all make mistakes. I hate when someone gets all bent out of shape over one I made though. Makes me feel small. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Kelly Jene said...

That twitter thing is pretty interesting. I might have to check that out.

Being wrong isn't easy, but the way you handle it shows you are a good man!

Ryan Davies said...

Woah, nice new layout!

A. J. said...

I don't think it is your fault that they took a broken bed to a customer. A few extra minutes to check that bed before they left would have saved them some heavy lifting.

EE said...

I'm totally addicted, too.
I guess there are worse addictions:)

justLacey said...

Lol at your Twitter on basketball. I felt the same last week when it wiped out the Young and the Restless on Thursday and Friday.

Jenn said...

I was wondering what that twitter thing was all about, too. since I can barely update my blog, I don't think that's for me. But I do like reading yours.

Tee said...

Love your twitters! I feel the same way about basketball. Don't be so hard on yourself, we all make mistakes, or was it a mistake. You can't see into the future, unfortunately, and had no way of know the other man was going to deliver the bed with the bad motor. In the future, just start putting little notes on equipment that might have a missing part or doesn't work correctly. I do that all the time, just to remind myself. LOL!

mosiacmind said...

We all make mistakes...PLEASE do not be hard on yourself about it. I know us who are addicts can really beat up on ourselves easily. I hope that you have a really great day today. I can relate to things being not shown on t.v. or heard on the radio due to the basketball games.I had a question are you reading emails again or should I just leave comments and not email....it is FINE either way just wanted to email you and thought that I would ask first.........take great care of yourself. i do care.

Cin said...

Hi Andrew! I am loving your spring pics! I cant wait until things start blooming here in Ohio.

I used to work for a company that dealt with home medical supplies. Yes, those beds are heavy to move!! Hopefully, Johnny wont be so harsh again for a mistake.