Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mechanical Behemoths...

I watched five trains this morning.  I figure that is a new record for trains coming through town on a Saturday morning.  Each would pass and I would write down the engine numbers and took photos.  My camera's batteries died on the third train. 

I left the tracks and walked past Merl's diner up to the shopping center.  None of the gang was out today.  We had a threat of storms that I was carelessly ignoring.  A threat that the gang must be heeding.  I walked into the grocery store and bought a pack of cheese and chives crackers and a chocolate milk. I spent the rest of the morning people watching. 

When I had arrived home, Joyce had called Charlie complaining about Maggie having my "underwear" outside.  Charlie was in my backyard picking up what were actually socks. 

"I can't help but laugh," Charlie told me smiling.  "Joyce said Maggie was taking all your underwear outside and chewing it up."

Maggie does have a bad habit of carrying my socks through the dog door and outside.  Nothing to merit a phone call to Charlie though.  It kind of got off with me and embarrassed me.  Busybody neighbors. 

"You ready for your meds?" Charlie asked me as we walked inside. 

"Yeah," I said, more interested in my Benadryl.

I took my medications and Charlie left.  They usually make me very drowsy and I normally take them closer to bed.  I think a nap is in my future.  That is all I have to write about.   

7 comments:

mosiacmind said...

81 degrees! wow it is about 55 hear but due to the rain and perhaps the forecaster is off that i think it is colder. enjoy the good weather.

mosiacmind said...

i was bummed for you that you could not take all the pictures that you wanted to take.

Tee said...

Don't ignore those storms! We have been dodging tornadoes all day over here in GA. Downtown Atlanta didn't do so well last night. We spent a while in our basement last night.

Had to laugh at Joyce complaining about Maggie having your "underwear" in the yard. Good thing it was only socks. LOL!

Marsha said...

Have you spoken to your doctor about your addiction to benedryl? I know you expressed a concern about it a while back. It sounds to me like you've replaced one addiction with another. That can't be good for you!

Summer said...

Nothing makes me laugh more than when you post a video of Maggie running in your backyard dragging your socks.

eSadElBlOg said...

My dogs is also crazy with my socks and she tries to robe a pair everytime I open the drawer and she is by. She doesn't bit them, she just likes to keep them near.

Jimy said...

Merl's diner!!! Now that is a great place to eat. They have the best catfish plate in the world..