Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Winds of Change...

Our warm 80 degree day yesterday turned into a 48 degree day today.  It is overcast and murky looking outside. 

"It's cold!" Charlie exclaimed, walking into my house with goodies.  "I brought you a fish dinner that you may not like."

I assured Charlie I was just glad to get a hot cooked meal.  I was going to have leftover chicken pot pie.  Charlie also brought a bag of sliced smoked ham for Maggie.  I am doling it out to her so she won't eat too much at one time. 

"What are you going to do with your day?" Charlie asked me as he sat on my couch.

"Most likely read and listen to the radio today," I replied. 

"I'm doing yard work which I hate," Charlie told me.

It is a joke in the family that when Charlie does yard work the result is "The Desert Look."  Charlie doesn't have a green thumb.  My father, who is gifted with a green thumb, cajoles Charlie about this. 

"Your mom and dad should be home soon," Charlie said as he was leaving. 

I had wanted to ask Charlie for my medications early, but resisted.  I have to be very careful not to do anything out of the ordinary until after Tuesday -- the day I am supposed to get my disability money again.  I feel like I am walking on eggshells in anticipation.  Tuesday can't get here quickly enough.  I am driving to a local college town to buy some magazines with the first twenty dollars of my long lamented disability money. 

4 comments:

mosiacmind said...

Hi Andrew...hope that you are having a good day reading and such. I think you are smart to not ask for the medications early because of getting to have some of your money coming soon. I am so happy for you!

Sharyna said...

Hi Andrew. Have I told you how proud I am of you, doing so well? Well I am.

sharyna

Cheryl said...

Charlie is such a good guy. He reminds me of my parent's neighbor who comes over and feeds and cleans the birdcages. Just because. I didn't realize Charlie was married. I don't think you've mentioned his wife before. One of these days I'm going to clean my refrigerator shelves. That's one of those jobs I just don't get around to.

justLacey said...

I think you will be fine Tuesday and every day after that. From what Ihave read you have realized that maybe your meds are helping you becoma a little closer to feeling good and that is somthing no one wants to give up.