Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Amazing Multi-Personality Man

I feel so much better today.  I wish I could bottle this feeling and unleash it on the days I am struggling.  Yesterday was hell.  I wanted to get drunk or blitzed all day.  It was probably the closest I have come to drinking in all these one hundred days of sobriety.  I realize it is chemical and in my brain.

Bonus Round:  Two Model Railroaders were in the mail today.  It was like Christmas all over again.  I am fixing to curl up in my Lazy Boy with Nickelodeon on the TV and a Diet Coke in my hand and read for a few hours.  I need comfort -- soothing, calming comfort.   I am just so damned glad to be feeling better today!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Ryan Davies said...

The title of this post makes you sound like a superhero.

Mary said...

I read your blog everyday but seldom comment because you seem to have a circle of friends here. I just want to say that you have truly come a long way on the road back to your life. Yesterday's triumph over the urge to drink was a major milestone. Congratulations!!!

mago said...

120 almost!

Kelly Jene said...

There is just something about having that "thing" in life that brings you comfort and joy, isn't there? I'm glad you have it in the diet cokes and rail roaders!

mosiacmind said...

It sounds like a really relaxing time for you. I am glad that you got your magazines.