Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Cavalry has Arrived...

I took a shower, dressed, and stepped out my front door.  Joyce's pastor was in the driveway and standing by his car.

"Hello!" he said. "We are taking Joyce to lunch!"

Whew!  I shouldn't be relieved, but I was.  When Joyce refuses to take her medications, she gets completely irrational.  There is no talking sense into her.  It is a maddeningly frustrating situation.  I am hoping her pastor will have better luck.  The promise of returning to work at her church job should spur her to take her pills which means the return of sanity.

I wrote a twitter about watching television again.  My concentration is improving although it is only children's cartoons.  I've watched my fair share of SpongeBob Squarepants lately and Fairly Odd Parents on Nickelodeon.  I haven't been able to concentrate on TV in what has seemed like years.   I have actually felt giddy about this since yesterday and talk to myself.  "You're getting better!" I will say with a maniacal laugh.  I especially love that Canadian kid's show Mr. Meaty.   Simple pleasures for simple minds I might add. 

Computer woes continue to plague me.  My OTES fan that cools the capacitors on my motherboard is failing.  My computer is certainly showing it's age.  I need to figure out a way to jury rig a new fan.  This motherboard is so old that I could never find spare parts.   Wish me luck.    

5 comments:

Sharyna said...

I do know how you feel. Then to have Joyce depending on you too must get to be a strain. Don't get too agorophobic! You'll wind up like me!

sharyna

jane said...

your tv choices crack me up because my nieces and nephews have got us watching them too! never too late to be a kid. fairly oddparents is great.

i'm glad you are there for joyce. you're a good egg, kiddo.

justLacey said...

"When Joyce refuses to take her medications, she gets completely irrational. There is no talking sense into her. It is a maddeningly frustrating situation."

Lol, do you think that's how your dad felt? I think God moved you next door to Joyce for a reason. You are a good example of how she could be feeling and maybe you should talk to her about how it feels to be on both sides of the coin.

CJM-R said...

Joyce sure seems to have a tough time of it. Nice she has so many people who care about her. Hope she can get back to work soon.

Lena

C. R. Morris said...

I really hope Joyce's pastor can help her. I watch the Disney channel, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. I love Grim..hee.. and Courage the Cowardly Dog and a lot of others. They seriously crack me up.