Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Harkens...

What a gorgeous day!  Blues skies and sunshine is the focal point today.  They say we may even get up into the seventies. 

Nengaku wrote in his blog yesterday something that really touched a chord with me...

One line in the movie that I had a very strong reaction to - "Happiness is never real unless it is shared." My first reaction was "what a load of crap - I'm happy as a clam and I'm living all alone...." and then suddenly it occurred to me that I'm sharing my happiness every day with all my (blog) readers!

What has been so joyful and meaningful lately is to share with you on this blog my recovery from alcoholism and mental illness.  Like Nengaku, I am sharing my happiness with you all.  There have been some days where I am almost giddy with joy and happiness.  This is not normal for me.  Normal was dour, drunk, and depressed. No wonder most people in my life had left me by the wayside seeking greener pastures.  If they could only see me now!

I've spent a lot of time this morning at my hobby desk.  I like nothing more than assembling and painting my rolling stock kits.   Little works of art get to grace my bookshelves until the day arrives that I erect some bench work and rails and get a railroad running.  Hobbies are made of dreams, and I dream everyday now. 

12 comments:

mosiacmind said...

I agree it is so good to be able to share happiness with others if it is in person or through a blog or however. It is a beautiful day here full of sunshine and the temperatures are in the 50's. Hope that your eye appointment goes well.

Jessica said...

Enjoy your spring day! :) I'm so glad things are going well for you.

Mo said...

Glad you are doing well and the weather is great too.

Hobbies are fantastic are they not?

Judy said...

I am so glad you share your feelings with us all. I think of you often and you don't even know me. I care about you and how you are doing and find your life , your descriptions and thoughts very interesting. Thanks. You are the most consistant blogger I have ever read.
I am proud of you and how well you are doing and I am cheering you on!

Chandira said...

:-)

Happiness is our birthright.

Kelly Jene said...

I'm glad you're sharing your happiness with us. And I love your new Title picture!!

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

wow GREAT pic.

yea i LOVE that you are sharing your journey with us. we are all rooting for you!

Cheryl said...

Another Rooter here! I'm always glad to hear about your new life.

I can't wait to see the new Pioneer Woman. Maybe tomorrow! I'm so glad you posted the baked spaghetti recipe so long ago. That's how I found out about PW. I just know she's turning that lodge into a retreat and I will definitely be visiting. I should start saving for it now. I bet there's gonna be a long waiting list.

TTY tomorrow!

2sunset said...

You share your happiness with us, your customers and co-workers, your parents, with Maggie (dogs are goooood people) with the AA folks, your neighbour and with your friends on your walkabout.

Its an honor to share your blog posts and your days Andrew. Thanks.

C.A. said...

I, for one, am glad you share your happiness with us. I'm always so glad to see a comment from YOU on my blog. Things are good for you now, and that gives us happiness too.

Enjoy your day!

Cindi Ann

Mon said...

I can totally relate to this post! Sometimes I annoy people with my positive outlook. But, its great to feel well, great, especially having come from a dark place, which I also had my own.

Just stopped by thru BE, wanted to say hey!

Barb said...

I join the others in having wonderful thoughts and words about you. I am living vicariously through you, enjoying your weather, your happiness, and your good health! Puff our chests, feeling victorious over your ghosts!

B~