Monday, March 10, 2008

Good Feel Monday

My mother just left after visiting for an hour.  I told her all about Rosa and I.  "You don't seem too upset," my mother told me.  I am just good at hiding the pain.  Actually, I feel pretty damned good today which is surprising.  It is as if a big weight was lifted from my shoulders.

Maggie's been outside all day.  We are having some gorgeous weather.  It truly feels like spring and all the mock pear trees are blooming.  Soon, pictures will start gracing my blog as things start to green up and bloom.

I started to put together that GP30 locomotive and realized I was out of liquid plastic cement.  I couldn't find a suitable replacement in town.  I will have to get Dad to order me some on the Internet.  We don't have a hobby shop in the nearby vicinity.  

I almost forgot to tell you all about Helen's fish fry last Friday.  It was delicious!  She fried the most tender and meaty fish fillets.  She also fried hushpuppies, french fries, and made some slaw. I was stuffed after eating the plate Helen sent to me.  Helen even fixed a small plate for Maggie.  Happy dog!   

9 comments:

clarekin said...

Lucky you--Helen's dinner sounds delicious. I LOVE hushpuppies :)

alias Molly Brown said...

I hope that you will NOT pounce on other religions, Andrew. I hope that you will always respect the religious beliefs of other people.

mosiacmind said...

The dinner sounds so good. It must have been frustrating to have to wait to work on your model. I know you are not into reading emails right now but if you are up to it i wrote you on today. Hope that you have a good evening. It has gone from cold and 20 inches of snow to 46 degrees here!

justLacey said...

That fish fry souded yummy! Perhaps the Rosa thing is a relief. After all you are still friends and sometimes that is more than we can handle. Pretty soon your dad will be giving you spending money again. Did you ask him?

Ryan said...

alias molly brown,

I don't think Andrew has to respect any religion if they're doing nothing but annoy him.



And me.

Barb said...

Was something mentioned about religion and I missed it????

That was a weird response, Alias Molly Brown....in my opinion anyway!

Cheryl said...

I know you love Helen's cooking. Can you or would you want to go there more often for a meal?

Upsy-Downsy said...

Being "annoyed" is a choice. Being kind is a virtue.

Kelly Jene said...

Sounds like a good day Andrew. I'm glad you mentioned the fish fry, I was curious about that. I love fresh fried foods. Glad you enjoyed it.