Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Day of Thanks...

I awoke again at lunchtime.  I was actually whistling joyfully as I pulled on my socks and pulled up my shorts.  Today was "thanks for not being homeless" day.  My usually negative demeanor must be combated with positive affirmations for the day.  And I am wonderfully blessed.  I am not sleeping in a tent like a was a few years ago in the woods -- homeless. 

Joyce left another note on my door this morning.  I hesitantly opened it to read.  "Help me!  I am not feeling well!  I need you today!" Joyce wrote on the crumpled piece of paper thrust into the corner of my closed door.  "Bring Maggie!" she also wrote after signing her name.  I smiled after reading that about Maggie.  What is it about pets that can soothe and comfort the troubled soul?  Now I have to wrangle Maggie into her leash and take her to Joyce's house.  It time to spread a little neighborly cheer.  

3 comments:

Barb said...

Joyce is truely blessed to call you friend.

B~

Tee said...

The wrangling with Maggie is worth the "trouble". You are such a good neighbor and Joyce is so blessed to have you (and Maggie).

Vans said...

As you know Andrew, pets love you unconditionally. They couldn't care less if you have a good day or a bad day, it's all the same to them. And somehow, they always manage to bring a smile to one's face.

I have a cat with brain damage, nothing major, but he is not a "normal" cat. He is like a two year old child. And no matter how rotten I feel, when he he stands on his hind legs, his two front paws stretched up to me so i can pick up like I would an infant, it always brings a smile to my face.

If only he would stop eating paper!!

Vans