Monday, March 31, 2008

Green...

Tomorrow is the big day.  I will have a steady supply of cash for the first time in many months.  I've gone over and over in my head what I am going to buy.  A bought cup of coffee in the morning would be a luxury unheard of before this.   Simply driving to McDonalds and buying a dollar double cheeseburger would be heavenly.  The jingle jangle of change in my pocket -- a sound I haven't heard in forever.

Temperance is the key.  Twenty dollars has got to last me for a week.  How will I handle the sudden impulse to drink?  Will I succumb and prove my father right?  Will the call of alcohol be all encompassing?  I pray I keep a level head on my shoulders as I begin this new chapter in my life.  I am almost giddy with excitement and anticipation.   

10 comments:

Summer said...

Do you think your Dad will remember or will you have to remind him?

Andrew said...

Summer,

I will have to ask him for it and he will most likely act funny about it. I am going to remind him tonight when he comes with my medications.

Cheryl said...

I was just about to ask if you've talked to your father recently about tomorrow being the day you get some of your money. I surely hope you won't be disappointed after waiting for so long. It's smart to bring it up with him tonight. And I think you'll do fine in fighting the temptation to drink. It's been so long and you have so much pride in your sobriety. Maybe you should plan to attend a meeting just to bolster your resolve? And to put a dollar in the basket.

CJM-R said...

I think Cheryl has a good idea about AA to bolster your resolve.

I will check in tomorrow.

Lena

Kevin said...

sober 132 days. you will make it!

Jbeeky said...

How is your tooth?

Andrew said...

Jbeeky,

It is sensitive, but livable. I am going to have to get a crown put in eventually.

Judy said...

I will pray for you as well. You are strong and you will be fine!!!

mosiacmind said...

I think you will do just fine. I think it is a great idea to attend a meeting. I know that you have been wanting for awhile now to be able to put a dollar in the basket when it goes around. I am sorry to hear that your dad is making you wait BUT I think even though I am sure you are disappointed that it was good the answer you gave you Dad when he asked you to wait...I think your Dad will see how well that you are doing.

SOUL: said...

i may have missed more-- but surely-- 20.00 is NOT THE money he wouldn't give you?

hell brotha-- I will give you 20--
i know those days well, of being too broke for a cup o decent coffee or a minimal luxury that is wonderful , only to someone that goes days without that extra something others take for granted.

you'll make it tho-- you always do- you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for--

take it easy --
have a great day!