Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Remarkable...

I arrived home from work last night and collapsed in my Lazy Boy.  I was so tired and it had been my longest day at work yet.  12 deliveries was a record amount for me.  Soon, there was a knock on my door.  It was Charlie.

"Meals on wheels!" he exclaimed as I opened the door.

Charlie's wife had cooked a pot roast, potatoes, carrots, green beans, and cornbread.  I was so hungry for a home cooked meal and was overjoyed.

"Tell your wife she is a saint!" I exclaimed back.

Charlie gave me my medications and I immediately started to feel better.  I had struggled all day yesterday.  My anxieties and worries melted away.  I soon crawled into the bed watching TV for a few hours.  I actually managed to watch Court TV last night instead of cartoons.  I am getting better slowly, but surely. 

3 comments:

Kelly Jene said...

I sure like Charlie and how nice of his wife to send along dinner. Sounds like it was delicious!! I need to make pot roast, that just sounds sooo good.

jane said...

what a kind thing to do and what a great time to do it. you have some lovely people in your life who care about you. i love hearing about the whole crew!

eSadElBlOg said...

a nice meal after a hard working day. Charlie & wife seem such lovely people!!!!