Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Bright, Sunshiny Day!

Maggie's had the right idea with staying outside all day.  I've kept a close eye on her -- the little Houdini.  The afternoon found me in the kitchen making my signature Chicken and Rice recipe.  It has lots of cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, whole milk, and butter. It is terribly rich and fattening.  My ex-wife used to love it when I fixed it and I can't help but think of Rachel when I do. 

I've waited all day for Mick Williams to update his webpage with last night's radio show.  I can't stay up that late and listen to it in the archives the next day.  I fear Easter has messed up our usual upload schedule.

Soon, it will be time to make the biscuits.  I've got some buttermilk, flour, and shortening all measured out.  This will go into a wooden bowl to then be rolled out on some wax paper.  The cut biscuits will be popped into a 500 degree oven until lightly brown.  I am also going to make some fruit salad which is basically assorted fruits, cherries, and bananas mixed lightly with mayonnaise and served on a bed of lettuce.  Delicious! 

Right!  All this talk of food has me hungry.  Let me get in the kitchen and get this show on the road.   

8 comments:

Tee said...

Are when will you be serving super (dinner)? LOL! That sounds delicious. You mentioned your computer died. Why not buy another one when you start getting money again. Save your money and get one that is super fast with all the bells and whistles.

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

sounds good!

SOUL: said...

happy EASTER!!!!

how was it? sounds good!

mosiacmind said...

That meal sounds SO good. I hope that you really enjoy it.

Susan said...

Your lunch sounds delicious! We don't have anything to eat today and I'm starving! Email me your biscuit recipe!

Cheryl said...

Wow! You made a complete feast. I hope you enjoyed it all and have lots of leftovers. Do you give Maggie any people food?

I ate too much and feel like I'm stuck to the couch!

Berryvox said...

I was in the tobacco shop the other day and saw grape and strawberry flavored cigarillos. I tried smoking the grape ones but they have this obnoxious sickly-sweet flavor that sticks to the filter and your lips. Yuck.

CJM-R said...

Sounds like you are cooking up a storm. Your mom will sure be surprised!

Lena