Friday, March 28, 2008

Unsure...

Today was Helen's first day of cooking and cleaning at my house.  This was completely my father's idea.  I feel kind of uncomfortable about it.  Helen is now in the kitchen cooking a homemade chicken pot pie and biscuits.  I had to ride with her to get groceries this morning. 

Don't get me wrong.  I love Helen and she is like one of the family.  I just feel uncomfortable with someone in my "space."  I never was good at having someone underfoot.  I guess I should just be grateful of this gift my father is bestowing upon me. 

One thing I did get excited about was Helen started to read one of my Model Railroaders as she was dusting and cleaning in my den.

"Can I take this to my husband?" she asked. "He would love this hobby. He loves trains."

I smiled and said, "sure" always glad to bring someone new into the hobby.  I told Helen to have him call me if he ever wanted to talk "shop" or Model Railroading.

Oh, if you could only smell the wonderful aromas coming out of my kitchen.  It is driving Maggie crazy.  I can't wait to eat in a few hours.   

8 comments:

Tee said...

I would love to have some to clean my house and cook for me. I really don't mind the house cleaning so much, but I HATE to cook. If we didn't have to eat we could have so much more time and money. LOL!

Kelly Jene said...

What a gift that is! How nice. Enjoy it!

CJM-R said...

What a nice thing for you dad to do for you!

I can smell the food from way up here.

Enjoy.
Lena

CJM-R said...

Good for you, Mike.

I hope your medication adjustment helps you and walking is always good. I need to get back into getting out and walking myself.

The monthly group to talk about all things spiritual sounds like a great idea as well!

Have a great weekend.

Lena

Sharyna said...

You are soooo lucky!! Tee and I should get together, I hate cleaning and love to cook!

sharyna

Cheryl said...

I've always thought the greatest luxury would be to have someone clean my house. At least, like you said, you know Helen well. So, your house is clean and your belly full. And you have your house back to yourself. Sounds good to me.

justLacey said...

What a wonderful surprise. You will get used to her being there and soon it won't even bother you. you might even start to look forward to it. If you don;t send her over here, I would love to have her.

Summer said...

Helen is a gift isn't she?