Saturday, March 29, 2008

Chicken Tango...

Helen's chicken pot pie was delicious.  I had never had it this way before, but Helen put sliced boiled eggs in her pie.  It was delicious.  Me and Maggie had some more warmed up for lunch today along with a slice of lemon meringue pie.

I was talking to Dad last night about Helen.

"I just feel uncomfortable about this," I told him. "I don't want her to go to too much trouble."

"It's only one day a week," Dad told me. "Helen needs the extra money.  You would be doing her a favor by letting her work."

"I never thought of it that way," I replied which made me feel better about the whole situation.

Today is going to be a railroad day.  I am fixing to drive down to the railyard and do some railfanning.  Only two more days till I get money again as well.  I am worried Dad is going to renege on his word and say I am not ready for that yet.  I would be devastated if he does.  

3 comments:

CJM-R said...

Sounds like a win / win situation for you and Helen. Enjoy it!

Hope all goes as planned with the money.

It is wonderful to witness all the positive changes in your life.

Lena

Tee said...

Sounds like a killer meal to me! I agree with Lena, it's a win/win situation with Helen, she gets the extra work, you get the delicious meals and a clean house, while you work.

mosiacmind said...

I know that if it was me I would have a hard time with having someone be in my space to clean and cook yet it does seem to be a win win situation for both of you. I hope too that your dad does not go back on his word. I know that he has seen how well you are doing. I also think if when you get the money if you tell him what you got that he will be more apt to continue with it. I know it might seem like checking in but I think if for awhile you just in casual conversation told him you know I got a new magazine this week or went out for lunch or whatever...hope that makes sense.Today I wish I could find something to take up some time. I am so glad for you that you are really getting involved again in your hobby. I hope that you have a good day