Friday, March 21, 2008

Ahhh, Veronica!

One of my father's pharmacy techs at the drug store is gorgeous. She has short red hair and always wears the most carefully applied and attractive makeup. She is not married and all her children are grown. I often like to walk up front to see her smile and to start up a conversation.

"She's really crazy and anal," my father said of Veronica today. "You don't want to get mixed up with her."

I still can't help but be mesmerized. Too bad I told myself to wait a year after Rosa to start dating again. I don't take it lightly that in AA they say to have a year of sobriety under your belt before you start dating. The last thing I need is for my tender heart to get stomped upon. I am still reeling over Rosa leaving.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

It may not be a good time for a romantic relationship, but always a good time for a friend.

I'll be looking for the dinner pics!

C.A. said...

Andrew, do you realize youre a THIRD of the way to that year of sobriety??? I am so so proud of you. Why not do what Cheryl suggested...use this time to get to know Veronica as a friend. Then later, something may blossom. (PS...women love it when you take an interest in them, most of the time! Ask her questions about herself, and then just let her talk.)

I'm so envious of your beautiful weather...I wish I could mow the lawn here!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

You are reeling it's quite obvious, but you're also healing! You can hear it in your words!

You have a thing for red heads..maybe you'll be led back to the Celtic Beauty! I don't know why she sticks in my head through everyone!

Always,
Elizabeth
happy Easter!

Experience is what we get, when we don't get what we want!

Ryan Davies said...

I love how you enticed Maggie with hotdogs.

SOUL: said...

wow-- sorry -- shows how long i have been away-- i didnt even know rosa had left--
ya know what tho--- aside form me feeling bad about that--

i actually did the year thing--- and it worked. relationships would be just too much extra crap for me to deal with at that time.

but-- they actually do say-- relationship-- goin out here and there-- isn't gona kill ya.

just as long as ya keep your priorities straight. :))

enjoy life-- your sober-- not dead-- right-

happy satahday-

JT said...

Just saw your twitter about Maggie - when you fill the hole back in, mix in a generous helping of Cayenne pepper with the dirt.

When she digs, it will get in her nose and eyes and discourage the act. A bit painful, but better than the alternative!

Anonymous Boxer said...

Put rocks under that hole to keep Maggie from escaping and I like the pepper idea too. Plus, make sure her ID tags are current.

I'm sorry about Rosa. :-(

impromptublogger said...

I can't help but think of the Elvis Costello song! Which BTW was actually about his grandmother...