Friday, March 14, 2008

Tough Love...

I was asked this morning if it was my father's "tough love" that ceased my drinking.  I smiled at the loaded question.  I long ago realized I was an alcoholic which is a big step to becoming sober.  When you first come into AA, you have to admit you're powerless over alcohol and that your life had become unmanageable.  It is one of the twelve steps.  I am also a timid creature at best and didn't have much gumption when it came to getting a drink and getting up money to drink.  My father cutting off my money allowed me to sober up enough to where I realized my life could be better and it was.  It probably wouldn't work for some of the more hardcore alcoholics I have known.  Strangely,  I was not a frequent visitor to pawn shops which would usually be the case.  I only pawned my expensive camera once and soon got it out of pawn. I escaped the getting sober process with most of my worldly possessions still in my house.  

3 comments:

KYRIE said...

Nice blue sky picture up there!
Bye..

mago said...

Hello, this picture ... is that Alabama?

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

just droppin in to say hi!